Chores for Kids
It’s healthy for kids to do chores around the house
Whether children are 3 or 12, at Westchester Health Pediatrics we strongly believe that getting them into the habit of helping out at home teaches them the importance of contributing to the family and sharing in the day-to-day duties of life. It also allows them to feel valued and competent, both of which enhance self-esteem.
Household chores a young child can do:
- Put away their toys
- Put away clean, already-folded clothes
- Vacuuming, sweeping, dusting
- Setting the table
- Clearing the table
- Helping with feeding/walking family pets
- Cleaning birdcages and litter boxes
- Washing the family car(s)
For our advice, tips and guidance on raising kids, CLICK HERE.
Please contact us to discuss any of these topics. Whenever, wherever you need us, we’re here for you.