Now that Westchester Health is part of Northwell Health and its physician organization, Northwell Health Physician Partners, we have greatly expanded our services to bring you and your family the best possible care. Best of all, this new relationship means that you now have access to the outstanding resources of Cohen Children’s Medical Center, the New York metropolitan area’s only hospital exclusively for children.
Here’s an article from Northell Health about creating a safe sleeping environment for your baby
6 tips to make bedtime safe for your baby
New recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) help protect against sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and other causes of sleep-related infant mortality:
1. Use a separate crib or bassinet.
2. Keep the crib in your bedroom during the first year. (Avoiding co-sleeping with a baby can reduce the risk of SIDS by as much as 50 percent, according to the AAP.)
3. Baby should sleep face-up.
4. Use a firm crib mattress.
5. Do not leave any soft or loose sheets, crib bumpers, blankets, pillows or toys in the crib.
6. The AAP recommends that tired parents feed their baby in bed, which is usually safer than a couch or chair. If you doze off, move your baby to the crib or bassinet as soon as you wake up.
To read the full story on safe sleeping tips for newborns, click here.
When you need us, we are here for you, now more than ever
At Westchester Health, even though some things have changed recently, the most important thing about us has not: our commitment to delivering the highest-quality standard of compassionate, patient-centered care for you and your child. Whenever, wherever you need us, we’re here for you.