Now that Westchester Health is part of Northwell Health and its physician organization, Northwell Health Physician Partners, we have greatly expanded our services to bring you and your family the best possible care. Best of all, this new relationship means that you now have access to the outstanding resources of Cohen Children’s Medical Center, the New York metropolitan area’s only hospital exclusively for children.
Here’s an article from Northell Health about the best ways to comfort your child when he or she is sick
- Try rocking, cuddling, talking or doing things that calm your child finds calming.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Don’t make the room or bed too warm.
- Use alcohol rubs or cold-water baths to bring down a fever.
- If a fever is present, call your child’s pediatrician and describe his/her symptoms.
- Remove excess clothing or blankets to help bring down the fever.
- Give acetaminophen and ibuprofen as directed by your pediatrician.
- Serve bland food and hydrate your child with water, diluted fruit juices or popsicles.
- Provide a comfortable place to rest.
- Follow up with your pediatrician if symptoms linger.
To read the full story on ways to comfort your sick child, click here.
When you need us, we are here for you, now more than ever
At Westchester Health, even though some things have changed recently, the most important thing about us has not: our commitment to delivering the highest-quality standard of compassionate, patient-centered care for you and your child. Whenever, wherever you need us, we’re here for you.