|Charge Entry - Medical Coding Specialist | Katonah Office 190 Golden's Bridge Rd.|
|At Westchester Health, providing superior patient care is our commitment. With compassion, expertise and technology, we have built a solid reputation within the communities we serve. Every day our physicians, nurses and staff proudly care for the health and well being of our patients. With our growing presence in New York, we are looking for others to help carry out our mission. Here, you'll find outstanding career opportunities in an environment that fosters education and career development.|
Under direct supervision of the Coding Process Supervisor the Medical Charge Entry and Coding Specialist is responsible for accurate medical charge entry. Ensures physician charges are received on a timely basis and entered into the billing system accurately.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Processes accurate and timely medical charge entry for diagnoses, procedures and services for physicians’ office and hospital services
• Reviews charges for accuracy
• Follows- up on any incomplete/inaccurate charges and makes corrections promptly
• Resolves issues such as charge capture, medical necessity, claims denials and bundling issues
• Establishes excellent service and working relationships with physicians, clinical and office staff and WHA Central Business Office
• Maintains knowledge of medical coding rules and regulations including compliance and reimbursement
• Integrates medical coding and reimbursement rule changes into a practice's reimbursement process
• Runs daily reports to check the prior day’s charges that were entered for accuracy
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Three years medical coding and charge entry experience is required, preferably in a medical practice setting. CPC or CCS-P certification required. Associates degree preferred. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of coding and charge entry experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In-depth knowledge of the CPT coding system and familiarity with the ICD-9-CM coding systems. Excellent typing/data entry skills are required. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology necessary to correctly code provider diagnosis and services. Demonstrated knowledge of billing system, MS Office software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word required. Knowledge of NextGen preferred.
Effective verbal, written communication and listening skills are required to interact with all levels of staff. Ability to work to deadlines, examine documents for accuracy and completeness and prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
Requires sitting, standing and walking associated with a normal office environment.
Requires ability to operate telephone, photocopier, fax machine and computer.
Requires normal vision and hearing.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Charge Entry/Coding Specialist” in the subject line.
Westchester Health is an EEO employer.
Back to view all openings