|Medical Assistant - Certified (Multiple Locations) | Katonah Office 60 Golden's Bridge Rd.|
|At Westchester Health, www.westchesterhealth.com, providing superior patient care is our commitment. With compassion, expertise and technology, we have built a solid reputation within the communities we serve. Every day our physicians, nurses and staff proudly care for the health and well being of our patients. With our growing presence in New York, we are looking for others to help carry out our mission. Here, you'll find outstanding career opportunities in an environment that fosters education and career development.|
We are looking for an experienced full time Certified Medical Assistants for multiple offices in located in Westchester. The CMA is required to have a current certification and passed the national certification (CCMA or RMA) examination.
The experienced CMA performs a variety of clinical and administrative tasks ranging from phlebotomy, performing throat cultures, to calling in prescriptions, obtaining vital signs and handling front desk reception responsibilities.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Measures and records vital signs on patients, performs routine tests and provides phlebotomy services
• Cleans and prepares exam rooms for each patient encounter
• Maintains supplies, equipment, stocking and sterilizing instruments
• Performs computer skills in Electronic Medical Records such as scheduling, patient billing, and insurance claims
• Calls in prescriptions to pharmacies (under Physician supervision), answers phones and greets patients
• Performs other related duties as assigned
The CMA is required to have a current certification and passed the national certification (CCMA or RMA) examination. Full verbal and written command of the English language. At least one year’s prior professional CMA experience preferred. Computer literate. Familiarity with NextGen Electronic Health Records system helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to communicate clearly and work efficiently and effectively with patients, co-workers and physicians.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CMA” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Westchester Health is an EEO employer.
Back to view all openings